TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week One

giphy.gif

Niiice!

What did you gear did you guys use for these?
Thanks!
I tried a bit of a new signal chain today, adding in the POD Express. Used my partscaster, pickups are Cruiser neck and Steve's Special bridge. Fender Mustang, short scale bass.
Rhythm tones were blended and panned with a single guitar part but using 2 signal paths.

Guitar > R. Neve DI > Motu M4 > Helix Native - Rectifier model
> DI thru > Boss OD3 > Vox Cutting Edge > POD Express - Chime model > Motu M4

Bass > R. Neve DI > Motu M4 > Helix Native - Cougar 800 model

Solo guitar > R. Neve DI > Motu M4 > Helix Native - PV Panama model
> DI thru > Boss OD3 > Vox Cutting Edge > POD Express - Chime model > Motu M4

SD3 Drums.

And of course some post eq, delay, reverb, compressor processing.
Using Studio One 6.

Edit: sorry, forgot. I did double the rhythm parts. I changed pickup setting to get a bit more texture. So 4 total tracks of rthm guitar.

Last edited:
#Original

Couldn't think of a song title to match the track, so decided to just follow the OP motif.

Guitar: 1985 Aria Pro ZZ (that I just rehabbed from the junk pile of a local Marketplace seller) w/Duncan Solar pups into 4 different Helix presets.
Bass: Fernandes BXB-75 into my normal Helix preset
Drums: Beta Monkey Loops
SFX: Freesound.org

#Original

Couldn't think of a song title to match the track, so decided to just follow the OP motif.

Guitar: 1985 Aria Pro ZZ (that I just rehabbed from the junk pile of a local Marketplace seller) w/Duncan Solar pups into 4 different Helix presets.
Drums: Beta Monkey Loops
SFX: Freesound.org

Nice! I was getting Sabbath vibes early on but that quickly changed. :grin Well done!

So when are you going to spill the beans and make the Iron preset available to the public? :hmm

I guess now that I’m equipped with some more things I have no excuse not to participate

Messing around with the captor some more. This is a continuation of the idea from my previous clip. I suck at *drum loop selection* and I could’ve re-recorded some parts but I’m tired (original category)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iPFgXx ... p=drivesdk

Here’s a version of the previous and new clips smashed together. Used different drum VSTs so it’s a bit jarring and poorly mixed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CYKIiY ... p=drivesdk

Last edited:
Back