TGF Do Something Challenge 2024 - Season Two - Week Two

"Guitar Solo"

:farley

Canned Drums
Fake Bass
Korean Dean ML with Jalen® "Fair Warning" pickup
Dumble® Overdrive Special clone preamp I made with help from the good people over at TehAmpGarage.com (you know who you are :cool:)
running into home-made JCM-800 power section via passive loop > home-made reactive load box/line out > ReaperDAW
Deelay (Sixth Sample Audio®) bright hall reverb plugin

Pretty sure you invited Satch over to your recording studio for this one. :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: PLX
Original

"Hair O' The RAT (That Bit You)"

Think 80's and lotsa hair. And the RAT pedal (that bit me). No bass.

giphy.gif

I feel like I'm a bit late to the party and ready to claim my trophy for last place but here's a quick tune I recorded tonight.
Standard E metal which I haven't played in a while! Rough mix, rough solo and basic structure etc. but I'm fairly happy with it :D
#original4lyfe

Shred-a-licious!! :chef

Great tracks everyone! I wish I would've had time this last week, but it's been a bit crazy with so much going on. I haven't even touched a guitar which is rare for me. Hopefully week 3 will be different. (y)

Work properly kicked my ass this week, but sneaking one in under the wire. Cover of Bodies by Smashing Pumpkins.

1. Never attempt to program beats by Jimmy Chamberlin
  2. Couldn't be bothered to try to get that interlude correct
  3. Feels naked without the vocals

Last edited:
Work properly kicked my ass this week, but sneaking one in under the wire. Cover of Bodies by Smashing Pumpkins.

1. Never attempt to program beats by Jimmy Chamberlin
  2. Couldn't be bothered to try to get that interlude correct
  3. Feels naked with the vocals

1. Find the midi file of the song online; strip everything but the drums and throw the resulting midi file at your drum vst.

Last edited:
1. Find the midi file of the song online; strip everything but the drums and throw the resulting midi file at your drum vst.

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

I need to look into that. Generally I don’t mind programming drums as a change of pace from chug-land, but this one was a bitch and there was only so much energy I wanted to throw at it this morning. lol Chamerberlin does a lot of weird shit with his left foot on the hi hat pedal while also using his right hand on other cymbals and just generally being a monster. Kind of a nightmare to try to do digitally.

Back