What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

If Obsidian wire made some for my Godin or for my Revstar id def get them
But seems its only for Gibson family and Fender family of guitars

:idk

Obsidian I wasn’t a fan of, had difficulty wiring it up. I think a pot went bad at some point too.

Mojotone had issues out of the box and I had to redo the solder points to get it working. From there it was fine but the connectors are a massive pain to use.

Honestly for the price of a harness you can get all the parts plus a solid Weller station.

I want to yank the 707 out of my 7-string, which presents a bit of an issue due to the route to accommodate the 707. I dug the idea of putting a pickguard on it and that idea grew into something that’s going to cost me a bunch of money for aesthetic shit, but it’s gonna be awesome when it’s done.

IMG_6382.jpeg

It’s a gold mirror guard. When I’m done it’s going to have-

Gold saddles
Black Dimarzio somethings w/gold screws
Gold pressure pads for the nut
Gold string retainer bar
Gold bushings around the tuning posts
Gold machine heads

I need to find a decent way of putting gold dots on the fingerboard. A gold Ibanez logo would really finish it off but I’m pretty sure I’d have to refinish the whole headstock for that.

I want to yank the 707 out of my 7-string, which presents a bit of an issue due to the route to accommodate the 707. I dug the idea of putting a pickguard on it and that idea grew into something that’s going to cost me a bunch of money for aesthetic shit, but it’s gonna be awesome when it’s done.

View attachment 22385

Gold saddles
Gold string retainer bar
Gold machine heads

I need to find a decent way of putting gold dots on the fingerboard. A gold Ibanez logo would really finish it off but I’m pretty sure I’d have to refinish the whole headstock for that.
IMG_3200.gif

View attachment 22385

Gold saddles
Gold string retainer bar
Gold machine heads

Black and Gold for the Toanz

:chef

View attachment 22385

Gold saddles
Gold string retainer bar
Gold machine heads

Honestly the gold pickguard with stealth everything else looks AMAZING.

Honestly the gold pickguard with stealth everything else looks AMAZING.

I’ll have some time to marinate on that while I’m getting the saddles together. Damn saddles are $30 a pop so I’m saving that for last in case I can find someone who wants to trade their gold ones for my black. Ibanez had a custom or one-off they made for someone years back with the same mismatched hardware and it was ridiculously cool. Since I won’t dish out $3500 for a PIA, this is gonna have to do. :rofl

View attachment 22385

Gold saddles
Gold string retainer bar
Gold machine heads

That'll look bad ass. (y)
I've been in a similar mood with a black/gold combo with my Lindert project. I don't normally gravitate towards gold hardware, but it does look cool mixed in with black -- it contrasts nicely.

I bet the Miris is going to sound glorious through the Two-Rock! 😍
💯
It sounds phenomenal through every amp in my collection. Swamp Ash semi-hollow body, roasted maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard and Lollar Imperial pickups make it sing and scream in most contexts. It's truly a gentleman's ripper. :satan 👔 :satan

Back