STL Tonehub Update

Mongillo19

Rock Star
MAJOR update ⚠️ ToneHub is about to change...

✷ Tracer: Model your own amps, cabinets, combos and pedals.

✷ Completely new interface design for a smoother and more intuitive experience.

✷ Trace Exchange: Upload your own Traces, or enjoy full rigs, stomps, and amps created by users around the world.

And soooo much more.

Available Friday 24th May at 9am ET ⏰

Looks like another competitor for the capture or "trace" world

Last edited:
I bet they're using NAM (or derivative thereof) under the hood.
Curious if their Tracer has any calibration features so that profiles shot on one chain translate to other users' chains.

I bet they're using NAM (or derivative thereof) under the hood.
Curious if their Tracer has any calibration features so that profiles shot on one chain translate to other users' chains.
Added a YouTube video to my post!

Is ToneHub their subscription based service?
I thought you could buy packs too or sub?

Not really sure how they'll price this, and whether its more aimed at artist packs, with the ability to make your own. Or if its just a freeforall where everyone captures everything. As I said, all of these proprietary formats are a hard sell and I'd need a lot of convincing to move to a new format

I don’t like subscription models, and the “Own Outright” is 200$ for the plugin and 50$ each expansion pack, not for me.

Tonehub came out way before NAM and they have offered a lot of Kemper packs for Tonehub, I suspect it has more overlap with Kemper than NAM in terms of the tech. It sounds quite good (like a Kemper :) ). Maybe for folks *here* NAM is some kind of requirement but I suspect rest of the world == 'that sounds just like the amp!'

At this point, anybody that really wants to hit a home-run with profiling needs to bring NAM-like quality to hardware.

Despite Tonehub having quite the lead in professionally recorded "DLC" amp packs, I agree. Software profiling is a pretty flooded category now, with several free or virtually free options.

We really need more of them to make the leap to hardware with a full suite of effects in tow.

I think Genome, in particular, just needs to be shoved in a hardware box with a touchscreen UI, and you're set.

Last edited:
I'm an STL beta tester and I'll have a video out for this on launch... already working on a second one to compare tonocracy, nam, tonex and tonehub traces (have already done this many times, just putting it together for a video).

I'm not sure how its priced either (thanks for mentioning, definitely worth checking out). My impression of controlhub/tonehub/amphub has always been to use a sub because buying the packs is a never ending chase cause they bring out so much content for them (its how I did it before I joined).

I cant really say much else, not long to go now until its all out there.

MAJOR update ⚠️ ToneHub is about to change...

✷ Tracer: Model your own amps, cabinets, combos and pedals.

✷ Completely new interface design for a smoother and more intuitive experience.

✷ Trace Exchange: Upload your own Traces, or enjoy full rigs, stomps, and amps created by users around the world.

And soooo much more.

Available Friday 24th May at 9am ET ⏰

That Victory sounds really good Actually , way better to my ears than Tonocrazy or even toneX , so are these traces going to available for the Kemper packs . or did I misunderstand how STL and Kemper are linked?

That Victory sounds really good Actually , way better to my ears than Tonocrazy or even toneX , so are these traces going to available for the Kemper packs . or did I misunderstand how STL and Kemper are linked?
STL is the brand name. They sell Kemper packs as well but this won't be tied in with that. Tonehub is its own thing where you buy "capture packs" that are often artist or producer specific

Back