NPAD: Peavey Rockmaster

Achilles

Rock Star
Been watching one up the road in LA and the seller just dropped the price.
I offered a bit lower since the shipping will be nothing and it got accepted right away.
Bought one new 20+ years ago and remember it really killing.

A no-brainer for the price. Especially since it still has all the knobs and knob caps! :oops: :LOL:

zpxz6dbqkje3wpimjeds.jpg

Those are fun. I have one tucked away here somewhere, along with a marshall 9000 series preamp. I really need to break those out one day when I have no chores left on the plate.

The trick with the Rockmasters are all the loop in/outs on the back tend to get dirty very easily, and then that channel will stop passing audio. Some Caig's Deoxit on the end of a guitar cable in and out a few times gets you back in business.

That one looks cleaner than mine, congrats!

The trick with the Rockmasters are all the loop in/outs on the back tend to get dirty very easily.

I plan on giving the thing a really good going over and the chassis needs some paint touch up but otherwise, it is in pretty good shape.
I also won't be using any of the loops so I may just pick up some 1/4 hole plugs for them.

Way cool. Those are nice sounding preamps. Peavey also made some good rackmount tube power amps both mono and stereo around that same time period. Now if you can find one a those... :unsure:

Last edited:
Those are sweet!! I have a Peavey PG Raxx I have not used in a while. I'm getting ready to sell it and some other stuff laying around to get another Marshall head if anyone is interested before I list it.
Peavey Tube Pre-Amp 1.jpg

Gut shot. Looks like they spent so much on a decent transformer that they couldn't afford a plate through PCB. :mad:
LOVE the way they did the cutout in the board to allow for tube cooling through the vents.

rockmaster_guts.jpg

And for the tech dweebs.

1714409478156.png

Back