NA&CD: Amazing what $200 buys these days

Iron1

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Randall RH100 and Peavey 412. For only $20 more than the Tonex One.
igisddu.jpeg

Only had about 25 minutes to mess with it so far, but the amp loves my RG and the cab loves the palm muted Duncan Distortions in it.

Well, after spending a few hours with this thing, pretty sure Im gonna sell the head and get something else. It’s cool that it sounds basically the same at bedroom levels or full blast, but it really only sounds good with two of my guitars, neither of which is what I want to use it with.

Major tone difference from guitar to guitar, pickup to pickup. Sounds monstrous with my RG, loaded with Duncan Distortions. Sounds close to that good with my Arrow, loaded with EMGs.

And it’s all downhill from there.

Thinking I might sell/trade it and get a Katana 100 head to go with the cab. Then I can do the bedroom to blast thing and have presets for the guitars I want to use with it.

Last edited:
Had band practice here yesterday and my guitar player plugged into the Randall with his Les Paul and got a great tone from it - very similar to what my RG gets. We then joked it could do that and #DimeTone and nothing else. He has a Katana 100 head he let me borrow and after fooling with it for awhile, I went down a rabbit hole and ordered a different amp altogether that I should have early this week.

Back