N.A.D - Marshall 2959

Holy crap this sounds killer here! The tone you get has everything. It's fat but not too fat, it's got mids but not honky, it's got bite but not harsh.

Made me immediately go to my BluGuitar Amp 1 and see if I could dial those kind of tones out of it. Ended up adjusting the Classic channel a bit and felt I got fairly close.

Can't wait to hear how this thing sounds with some tender loving care and mods from Headfirst.

Totally understand the desire to mod it, but IMO, rare ones like this should really be kept original. There’s an abundance of suitable donors out there and now there’s one less of these rare beasts.
To clarify, per the OP, this thing had already been modded to be more similar to a super bass, and had its reverb removed. At that point, if its already been modded...no reason not to tinker with it in reversible ways.

I hope @2112 will cut together a "before and after" video out of his previous vid and with the fixed and upgraded amp. I thought even with the issues it sounded killer, so with the problems fixed it should be even better!

Some more noise here

Sounds nice!

I got to say, there was something really gnarly about the amp before the mods and after it sounds somehow a bit more polite? Or maybe like a usual Plexi.

IMO the fixed/modded amp it sounds better without the Jose gain stage.

Last edited:
@laxu one of the 4 power tubes was a totally different brand to the other 3 and way off bias so maybe that was part of the fun? @Burger can probably fill us in on the specifics

Had a mismatched quad and the power tube cathodes lifted from ground by different, and high value, resistors which is very bizarre.

To clarify, per the OP, this thing had already been modded to be more similar to a super bass, and had its reverb removed. At that point, if its already been modded...no reason not to tinker with it in reversible

Sounds nice!

I got to say, there was something really gnarly about the amp before the mods and after it sounds somehow a bit more polite? Or maybe like a usual Plexi.

IMO the fixed/modded amp it sounds better without the Jose gain stage.
Almost Friedman-like.
Friedmanized.
That gnarly tone you speak of…is the SAUCE.
Bubbling in bad-ass’ery’

Back