IK Multimedia Tone X One?

Anyone know what happened to XOG music , I have been trying to get onto his site for weeks to check out his Bogner captures but it seems to be a dead link 🤔

If I am not mistaken, I think he closed up shop at the end of 2023. Not sure why though.

Damn his Bogner XTC captures sounds killer any one else that you could recommend?
I personally have not found any that sound nearly that good yet. I am on the hunt as well. I wasn't able to grab his before he closed up shop. His profiles were great!

I personally have not found any that sound nearly that good yet. I am on the hunt as well. I wasn't able to grab his before he closed up shop. His profiles were great!
The only other one I see is the BT or Boutique sounds they have an XTC, live ready had one from Kemper but he has limited ToneX selection

Skimmed through the thread…. anyone play this or any of the ToneX captures and comment on sound and especially the feel? If it’s in the ballpark a good tone for digital from other offerings, it may be worth it for for a backup.

Skimmed through the thread…. anyone play this or any of the ToneX captures and comment on sound and especially the feel? If it’s in the ballpark a good tone for digital from other offerings, it may be worth it for for a backup.
They're pretty good. Better than Quad Cortex and Kemper - missing some high end compared to NAM & the real deal but pretty good stuff if you get the gain staging right.
Look up my Ceriatone King Kong 100W with the Mr Scary mod on tone.net - the sample turned out pretty good.

I think it's the best commercially available capture player.

Obviously not an all in one unit tho and does have its quirks

Came today - does *NOT* run from fm3 USB port

Attachments

• PXL_20240504_183657373.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240504_183657373.MP.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20240504_182827545.jpg
    PXL_20240504_182827545.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240504_183334028.jpg
    PXL_20240504_183334028.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240504_183340587.jpg
    PXL_20240504_183340587.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
  • PXL_20240504_183347607.jpg
    PXL_20240504_183347607.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240504_183358722.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240504_183358722.MP.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 24
You mean the FM3 USB-A port? That has never done anything. It sucks Fractal can't enable it even to power things.

Can you see what processor this thing uses?

I tried both ports but yeah. I didn't pull the boards apart but I don't have time right now - tomorrow maybe!

I tried both ports but yeah. I didn't pull the boards apart but I don't have time right now - tomorrow maybe!
Yeah it's no surprise the USB-B port doesn't work for this either, because it's meant to connect to a USB host device, usually your computer. The Fractal can't act as a USB host.

Probably the best setup would be using a small USB powerbank to power the Tonex One.

Yeah it's no surprise the USB-B port doesn't work for this either, because it's meant to connect to a USB host device, usually your computer. The Fractal can't act as a USB host.

Probably the best setup would be using a small USB powerbank to power the Tonex One.

Yeah - I didn't really think it would, but it would've been cute if it did magically share power somehow

Sooooooo....... what's the maximum input gain rating on it ? đź‘€

I have no idea - and I also don't really care haha. I set my normal tonex to -12 input pad and boost via fm3 to make up for it. I dunno what it is, but it results in a better noise floor. I don't do anything with dBu except measure it for NAM captures in case anyone else wants it - I just set it by what I like the best

I think it's the best commercially available capture player.

Obviously not an all in one unit tho and does have its quirks
For the price of admission and knowing you’ve been hands on with it… I’ll give it a spin. Definitely would make for a very small footprint backup. Even with like the Helix and FM3 I stay on one amp model all night with a few pedals popped in and out for gain and few delays etc. If I put this on my board amp board for my amp and the I have amp issues this could be great. Or use it with my board and into a Fryette PS.

I still think JT’s FM1 idea in a small footprint would be the shzz

For the price of admission and knowing you’ve been hands on with it… I’ll give it a spin. Definitely would make for a very small footprint backup. Even with like the Helix and FM3 I stay on one amp model all night with a few pedals popped in and out for gain and few delays etc. If I put this on my board amp board for my amp and the I have amp issues this could be great. Or use it with my board and into a Fryette PS.

I still think JT’s FM1 idea in a small footprint would be the shzz
Just be wary of the UI quirkiness. I think it's a little overblown here but it can be a pain.

But as far as tones are concerned, I think they are very good!

You can always demo the free Tone X software to get an idea on some sounds before committing to hardware

They're pretty good. Better than Quad Cortex and Kemper - missing some high end compared to NAM & the real deal but pretty good stuff if you get the gain staging right.
Look up my Ceriatone King Kong 100W with the Mr Scary mod on tone.net - the sample turned out pretty good.
Actually NAM and ToneX are kind of a crapshoot IMHO. The levels are all over the place and not consistent at all. I find that to be their Achilles heel. There’s not much to be done about it though…

Actually NAM and ToneX are kind of a crapshoot IMHO. The levels are all over the place and not consistent at all. I find that to be their Achilles heel. There’s not much to be done about it though…
True. Unless there's hardware that consistently deals with levels, it's at the mercy of the creator and the user to get the most of these profiles.

All you really need to do is adjust them to your taste tbh. Not saying all captures are good, but the gain knob is there to be used. I also capture a lot of my own gear, and both solutions work pretty flawlessly for that

Back