I need an interface

Last edited:
I like the meters on the Motu stuff. I read that the outputs were on the weak side but not sure if that is accurate or just the Amazon review section at work.
I have not Noticed, but I do know the converters are really quiet noise floor wise compared to my previous M-Audio 192/4

What do people think of the IK Multimedia Axe I/O? There's a deal on Sweetwater where you basically get Amplitude 5 Max free - $299 total.

I want an interface primarily to try some plugins, maybe I won't like Amplitude - last time I used it was on an iPad years ago and it sounded good for that platform.

What do people think of the IK Multimedia Axe I/O? There's a deal on Sweetwater where you basically get Amplitude 5 Max free - $299 total.

I want an interface primarily to try some plugins, maybe I won't like Amplitude - last time I used it was on an iPad years ago and it sounded good for that platform.
Good question. It has some interesting features. I had it on my Initial list but crossed it off for some reason I can longer remember :rofl

Good question. It has some interesting features. I had it on my Initial list but crossed it off for some reason I can longer remember :rofl
Seems to match up well with other units such as the Motu while adding a few extras like the "active/passive pu" switch, the impedance knob, etc. Sheesh, interfaces are a pita to pick through lol.

Bigger number is better! (Though imperceptible to the human ear)
I thought 24-bit/192kHz was the common standard for most uses??
But I’m no expert AT all…. Just seemed so from my exploring choices for my daughter. (We landed on a Scarlett 2i2).

Having had feelings of "meh" concerning my 2nd gen Scarlett 2i2... it really does look like the 3rd gen is an improvement (on paper anyway):

1669414221070.png

So for me, the latest Scarlet is back in the game 🙂

Been really happy with my MOTU M2 but its USB powered but there are no Issues

View attachment 2765
Motu M6 was recently released but might be overkill.
(I love my M2 btw)

I've had a Scarlett Solo for a long time, gotta be close to 10 years at this point. I've never had any issues with it, it's what I use to record anything with a mic. No clue what generation it is, but eventually when I want to upgrade I'll most likely stick with Focusrite unless something else blows my mind.

Motu M6 was recently released but might be overkill.
(I love my M2 btw)

I did see that one. It looks nice. Still mulling it over.

I been a RME fan for a few years now. Before then I was messing with Roland interfaces which were not bad. I got to say, all my interface issues all went away once I went with RME... ultra low latency, no more clicks n pops.. but it definitely was a more costly pill to swallow... but that shouldn't be a problem for a man with two badlanders no? :clint

Back