Helix Talk

Did the whole Helix disassembly like @Alex Kenivel showed in his (2nd) video. Worked like a charm to open and close the thing. So thanks for the that.

But it did not help much. Some of my footswitches are still super unresponsive (TAP, FS2). Mainly the ones I use more than others. Nothing against some wear'n'tear, but I expect more from a 2021 made 1500€/$ (at that time) unit. I think if the Helix ever swims upside down in the fish bowl I'm looking for something else as my Pod HD500 had the same issue some time after using it.
Did you make sure to get Deoxit into the seams of the tac switches?

Did the whole Helix disassembly like @Alex Kenivel showed in his (2nd) video. Worked like a charm to open and close the thing. So thanks for the that.

But it did not help much. Some of my footswitches are still super unresponsive (TAP, FS2). Mainly the ones I use more than others. Nothing against some wear'n'tear, but I expect more from a 2021 made 1500€/$ (at that time) unit. I think if the Helix ever swims upside down in the fish bowl I'm looking for something else as my Pod HD500 had the same issue some time after using it.
I understand the feeling. Had my stomp xl switches serviced last year and they are already acting up again. Really glad I have my warranty but I can only extend them so long. Once it expires I’ll have to make some decisions.

Can you buy replacement switches? Does Line6 sell them?
Alex Kenivel said in his 2nd vid that under the 1st vid about servicing someone posted a link or something what looked like replacement switches.
I understand the feeling. Had my stomp xl switches serviced last year and they are already acting up again. Really glad I have my warranty but I can only extend them so long. Once it expires I’ll have to make some decisions.
Exactly. Had my Helix serviced under warranty, too, but it didn't help at all. Which I am not disappointed in L6, bc it's the repair center in Europe that did not work good (I assume?).

Edit: Just want to clarify: I love my Helix. I don't even want a Fractal, Kemper or whatever. I use it as practice tool, interface, live-to-foh-solution. Everything. But I hate these fucking footswitches L6 uses and used (Pod HD500).

Last edited:
Must be luck of the draw. I’ve got a floor that was used basically daily for 5 years and an LT that’s been used basically daily for the last 4 years and all the switches are working on both of them. But I know a few people that had several switches go out within a couple of years.

My Helix LT's 3rd bottom footswitch randomly detects two presses when I push it. It's really annoying when you're in stomp mode with snapshots set in the command center.

I apply some contact cleaner and quickly press it a hundred times, and it works fine for some more weeks. It's scary sometimes.

The footswitch issues frustrate me. The tactile switches themselves aren't hard to source, they're widely used in consumer electronics and you can get a pack of 120 for $6 from Bezos.

I'm getting this issue where my Tap Tempo FS thinks I'm touching it so it wants to show me my tempo information every 12 seconds. Annoying when I'm trying to change delay parameters and they jump to the stupid useless tempo screen.

My TAP is so fking annoying. Half of the time it detects 2 pushes, thus giving me 240bpm. The other half it detects none giving me 40 bpm. Then when I hold it to tune often it switches to tune mode and instantly back bc it "thinks" I pressed it again. Super frustrating. Just give us the option of "push to tune" and I'll just abandon tap tempo.

As a datapoint I had the same double press or sometimes doesn’t detect a press issues. When I had my device serviced I asked what work was done and the line 6 repair center tech had to replace the footswitch boards.

The first 2 Helix delivered here had non/half functioning LEDs in the tap tempo footswitch. HOWEVER…both were knowingly purchased from GC as L6 factory refurbished units.

For $900 I was willing to roll the dice and the 3rd one has been here for several years under heavy home, rehearsal, and gig usage with no issues. Such an awesome, useful device.

I love the concept of “one trip” and yeah you can just walk in with a guitar and your modeler but you beholden to their back line or monitor system… screw that! Personally an extra trip to the car is way more worth it than having to put up with that nonsense. I use a small collapsible luggage cart. With it I can put a head and 1x12 or a monitor I like and my Helix bag. I throw my guitar in a gig bag over my shoulder and roll the cart with stuff on it behind me. Now anything bigger than a 1x12 I’ll make two trips but that’s totally worth it IMHO.

It would be very interesting if a modeler company actually told the truth and did a marketing ad with someone with their modeler in a bag on their back and a guitar over the shoulder walking away from the camera that said “When you’re just to lazy to walk back to the car, we’ve got your back.”
Making that extra trip to the car is worth it for the peace of mind knowing you've got your gear just how you like it. Although that is very frustrating at times.

And of course "accuracy" means nothing when 95% of your customers have never played the real thing anyway.

Y'all should keep this in the Helix Talk thread anyway.
My thought every time I read these threads about 'X doesn't sound like X original at all!!1!'. Very complicated.

I mean, there obviously are people out there, that *know* (Jon Symons and the Tone Master 5153) but most of the people I suppose are like me: They either have none or nearly no experience with the real thing. I played a Fireball once in a store. I couldn't tell if the Helix FB is the real deal or not. Same with a JCM. And we haven't even started about "Amp in da room" vs. mic'ed.

Just listen if it sounds good and forget what it *should* do. Have to remind myself constantly about it, too.

Edit: Just to add. I think it's still *right* to friendly ask for a specific amp or version. I was very happy about the HX2203 even though I have no 2203 at home and also won't have any in near future. I think it's just annoying when people with no experience (e.g. ME) are the loudest. Still ok to state an opinion if you do it in a good mannered way.

Last edited:
I just noticed the 3.70 brought a 2203 (didn't pay much attention to 3.70 because none of the effects were very appealing to me).

Looking forward to coming back home this Sunday to put a big muff in front of it and emulate the Siamese Dream sound :D

I just noticed the 3.70 brought a 2203 (didn't pay much attention to 3.70 because none of the effects were very appealing to me).

Looking forward to coming back home this Sunday to put a big muff in front of it and emulate the Siamese Dream sound :D

The 2203 is awesome.

Haven't tried the two together, but with the "Ballistic Fuzz" (ICBM) it should be a no-brainer for Pumpkins stuff and deliver 90's toanz in spades.

Can confirm. If you like a 2203, you are gonna like the helix 2203. It nails my 2204.
Which cab or IR are you using for it? I know that anything goes, yet most of the time I see the 2203 mentioned with the fizzy T75 speakers. Factory Amp+Cab setup in the Helix, too.

Back