Fractal Talk

I know FAS gets crap because of their "lack of bass options"; but this video sounds killer to my ears

I honestly think they just need a couple of multi scene factory bass patches. There's just Leon's Djent Bass or whatever and that's pretty much it.

I often use The Tom Hamilton Gift of Tone one from a couple of years back, but you have to go find it.

Holy Crap... I think The Frac Boys over at the 'Forum that shall not be named" are more over zealous than the bunch here... :p

View attachment 23014
We're not fanboi's here. we're enthusiasts.
Fan Cheer GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

My Current patch im Using this , very nice, in fact i always use some sort of Preamp with all my patches ive made so far I've used the 70us, and the Vintage and the toob ones
Fractal is Voodoo Magic i tell ya

View attachment 23021
Don't be afraid to boost these Drive an Saturation knobs! It doesn't hurt until the VU peaks the red

So I got that loadbox a couple weeks back and I know I've sent a few PM's here saying, "Man, I might be done with modeling, there's just something an amp can do that I don't get from modeling" but I wanted to wait a bit before I said it in any threads and got that whole debate rolling. Glad I waited.

It's just more of what I've mentioned in the past; I'm so used to dialing in my presets to be record-ready that I'm chopping out shit that you hear with an amp the second you turn it on and turn the volume up. After spending time with some models again, and A/B'ing some tracks I had recorded previously, there's really no difference within the given context. The low end is the biggest thing I notice, I'm so careful about how much I dial in and when I first heard the Electra Dyne into some DynaCabs I was really floored with how big it sounded, but once I started tweaking it to record, it could have been any AxeFX model of a similar amp.

It's just more of what I've mentioned in the past; I'm so used to dialing in my presets to be record-ready that I'm chopping out shit that you hear with an amp the second you turn it on and turn the volume up. After spending time with some models again, and A/B'ing some tracks I had recorded previously, there's really no difference within the given context. The low end is the biggest thing I notice, I'm so careful about how much I dial in and when I first heard the Electra Dyne into some DynaCabs I was really floored with how big it sounded, but once I started tweaking it to record, it could have been any AxeFX model of a similar amp.
This was pretty much my experience. Once you take the real guitar cab and volume out, modelers sound very much like the tube amps they emulate, or even similar amps when compared to the right model that has been tweaked a bit.

If you want to run into a real cab, it gets more complicated with modelers. Things like "which poweramp works best" or "what speakers to use in the cab to get the most out of the models" become issues you don't think about with the limitations of a real amp.

Not at my PC at the moment. Does the Axe /FM3 have a Fender Pro Reverb Amp in it (?)

Just listened to JNC's latest video and hit with a basic drive, it had an awesome Cruch tone.

Ben

Not at my PC at the moment. Does the Axe /FM3 have a Fender Pro Reverb Amp in it (?)

Just listened to JNC's latest video and hit with a basic drive, it had an awesome Cruch tone.

Ben
no. The vibe-verb (which there are models of) was same circuit but different speaker configuration by my understanding

Back