Digital Igloo (Eric Klein, YGG)

InMusic is uniquely qualified to deliver something like this, as Headrush Prime allegedly runs some variation of the Revalver plugin and I remember that being super tweaky back in the day.
I suspect there isn't much appetite for building that part of it out, for the same reasons you've highlighted.

Even most Fractal owners never touch the advanced amp controls. They like the idea, then try it for themselves and find out that they aren't designing the new super amp, if even getting anything better than the original. At least that's how it went for me so I would just swap amp models, use input/output EQ etc.
I just want Cliff to do it for me, coz I'm lazzzzzyyyyyyy.

It's not unlike Legos. Helix has a ton of (almost) every type of lego in every color and shape so Sound Design can build pretty much whatever they could possibly dream up. But sometimes to completely nail the Death Star you need a custom gray round top cap piece; that means the DSP team has to fabricate one... with math.

Hey DI, do you have any pics of previous iterations of the Helix Floor design that were batted around the boardroom before the final version went to market? I'd be curious to see how the form changed from the beginning to the end.

As cool as it would be to have all these, I fear they'd be lost on the vast majority of guitarists. Imagine these could best be served by some sort of capture system. Or in some cases, perhaps even an IR.
I know Tim Spencer from back in my Tucson retail days. Super nice guy.

You can emulate the Precision 8 right now:
  1. Add a Volume/Pan > Gain block.
  2. Leave Gain set to 0.0dB.
  3. Bypass block to taste.
It's true, I agree. I myself tried making captures in Irs of Eq Pultec, Neve and Api configurations, at first I was fascinated, but then you realize that it is not very practical, instead of helping to achieve a sound it delays you and deviates you from the path. As an audio nerd it's interesting, but as a guitarist it's just another obstacle in the sound chain.

• Love
Reactions: zib
It's true, I agree. I myself tried making captures in Irs of Eq Pultec, Neve and Api configurations, at first I was fascinated, but then you realize that it is not very practical, instead of helping to achieve a sound it delays you and deviates you from the path. As an audio nerd it's interesting, but as a guitarist it's just another obstacle in the sound chain.
It's not all that discoverable, but Space Designer (a reverb) in Logic has a bunch of op amp, mic pre, and other non-acoustic space-based IRs to mess with. They're interesting in a scholastic sense, but there's nothing in there that I'd pick over Native's Retro Reel, SoundToys' Decapitator, or Fab Filter's Saturn.

• Love
Reactions: zib
@Digital Igloo

I wonder if poly pitch algorithm, apart from being poly, also has some formants management that simple pitch algorithm doesn't.

If so, I wonder if that could be used for a new harmony block that could be useful for vocals.

The thing is, I've been wanting to buy an HX Stomp XL for vocal effects for a long time now (been longing for an HX Vocals as well, but I'm aware it's not an appealing product for now), but harmonies won't sound as good as TC-Helicon or Boss VE-500's.

I would like to know if this is something that might be addressed with a new block in a future update :)

@Digital Igloo

I wonder if poly pitch algorithm, apart from being poly, also has some formants management that simple pitch algorithm doesn't.

If so, I wonder if that could be used for a new harmony block that could be useful for vocals.

The thing is, I've been wanting to buy an HX Stomp XL for vocal effects for a long time now (been longing for an HX Vocals as well, but I'm aware it's not an appealing product for now), but harmonies won't sound as good as TC-Helicon or Boss VE-500's.

I would like to know if this is something that might be addressed with a new block in a future update :)
Not an engineer, but my understanding is that poly algorithms are faaaaar more complicated than mono ones. Yes, I believe onset detection's in there.

Hi Digital Igloo and forumers.
Helix : is a setlist system for IRs (just like setlist system for presets) is easily feasible ?
What do you think about it ?
Thank you

Already asked, I know, and there are topics about that :
https://line6.com/support/topic/28196-exporting-presets-and-irs-list/

Last edited:
Hi Digital Igloo and forumers.
Helix : is a setlist system for IRs (just like setlist system for presets) is easily feasible ?
What do you think about it ?
Thank you

Already asked, I know, and there are topics about that :
https://line6.com/support/topic/28196-exporting-presets-and-irs-list/
What would be the use case for that?

Back