anyone heard of her?

They can't all be as classy as Ruyter Suys

1714833724128.png

If you think Lita is anywhere in the same league as Ruyter (pronounced Rideher), you have clearly never listened to, much less seen, Nashville Pussy.

Was this a dick measuring contest or just dudes listing hot and sexy female guitarists to frighten the puritan in our midst?

If we're measuring dicks I'll go with Liona.
Boyd-Liona-01.jpg

Was this a dick measuring contest or just dudes listing hot and sexy female guitarists to frighten the puritan in our midst?

If we're measuring dicks I'll go with Liona.
Boyd-Liona-01.jpg
Oh, I should be clear, there is nothing hot or sexy about Ruyter Suys or a Nashville Pussy gig, imo. Same for Lita Ford. And Poison. And Smashing Pumpkins.

If we're talking chops I'll go with Jennifer Batten.
If it's phrasing I'm currently digging Maria Barbieri

To be fair, the Smashing Pumpkins catalog doesn’t exactly require much in the virtuoso-guitar category. Hell, my 13 year old nephew can play most of their hits.

It’s pretty safe to say that Billy was looking more for the “whole package,” considering the number of applicants. There’s no doubt there were much more capable players that could have been considered.

I never realized what a complete muso, and how talented James Iha was until I started paying attention to A Perfect Circle.
Whole Package is the PERFECT descriptor!
James is highly underrated. He reminds me a lot of Mike Einziger or The Edge. Not your typical shreddy players but masters at embellishing and “serving the song.”

James is highly underrated. He reminds me a lot of Mike Einziger or The Edge. Not your typical shreddy players but masters at embellishing and “serving the song.”

Plus he's playing keys, bass pedals, triggering midi shit, etc.
100% modern musician.

modern via 90s standards.....

Does she fall into the “she can play” category or that other category?

Back