David Maxim Micic "Little Cubes Owl" Cab IR's

Jarick

Shredder
I picked these up a few weeks back and have been very impressed. For $30 or so you get more than half a dozen different speakers in the same 2x12 open back cab. They are really well miked and balanced, no weird phase issues. I got the lite pack because I don't want to deal with tons of individual mics in different positions.

Basically I just really enjoyed hearing his philosophy on cabinets and the video production. I'm not very familiar with his playing but he's very good and seems to have a great ear.

Worth a shot if you're looking for a pack with a lot of versatility that's off the beaten path.

The video is worth watching IMO. It seems a bit click baity but the content is actually quite good and most of the time is his design philosophy and really good samples.

Stumbled across him via my Amazon discovery mix.

LOVE this.

1. This song is really good.

2. I wish there were singers (that were more obvious to the general public vs. hunt through some spotify goose chase to find one song you come away liking) trying to craft this level of melody in their songs and that can sing. I don't want to listen to instrumental "bands" anymore for the most part.

2. I wish there were singers (that were more obvious to the general public vs. hunt through some spotify goose chase to find one song you come away liking) trying to craft this level of melody in their songs and that can sing. I don't want to listen to instrumental "bands" anymore for the most part.

It's reality TV's fault.
If you're a kid singer these days your biggest 'musical' ambition in life is to get on The Voice.....
:facepalm

Good video, hadn’t heard of this guy before. What speakers are in the cab pack? Did I miss that somewhere? Any IRs that blend the speakers?

D

Good video, hadn’t heard of this guy before. What speakers are in the cab pack? Did I miss that somewhere? Any IRs that blend the speakers?

D

Not sure what kind of documentation he has, but here's what I found in the manual:

1. V30UK - Celestion Vintage 30 (UK / 2003)
2. V30CN - Celestion Vintage 30 (China 2019)
3. JN65 - Jensen Tornado Stealth
4. GM25 - Celestion G12M Greenback
5. F70 - Fane Acoustics Ascension F70
6. CV75 - Eminence CV-75
7. CM65 - Celestion G12M 65
8. 70TH - Celestion G12H Anniversary 30W

What I got in the pack was 18 different summary mixes, mixes of I think each speaker combination, and 5 different mic mixes for single speakers. Lots of variety. I mostly just used one of the first summary mixes.

Not sure what kind of documentation he has, but here's what I found in the manual:

1. V30UK - Celestion Vintage 30 (UK / 2003)
2. V30CN - Celestion Vintage 30 (China 2019)
3. JN65 - Jensen Tornado Stealth
4. GM25 - Celestion G12M Greenback
5. F70 - Fane Acoustics Ascension F70
6. CV75 - Eminence CV-75
7. CM65 - Celestion G12M 65
8. 70TH - Celestion G12H Anniversary 30W

What I got in the pack was 18 different summary mixes, mixes of I think each speaker combination, and 5 different mic mixes for single speakers. Lots of variety. I mostly just used one of the first summary mixes.

Thanks. That’s a really interesting and useful collection of speakers. So the mix IRs aren’t labeled/titled so you don’t know which ones are the cv-75?

D

Thanks. That’s a really interesting and useful collection of speakers. So the mix IRs aren’t labeled/titled so you don’t know which ones are the cv-75?

D

There's 18 "LC Owl Mix" IR's which are a blend of different speakers and mics, but they are labeled 1 to 18 kind of like York Audio mixes. There's a bunch of PDF's, one includes the details.

Then there's all the other mixes which are labeled with the speaker(s). The speaker mixes show the two speakers if they are blended, otherwise it's the name of the speaker with 1-5.

There's 18 "LC Owl Mix" IR's which are a blend of different speakers and mics, but they are labeled 1 to 18 kind of like York Audio mixes. There's a bunch of PDF's, one includes the details.

Then there's all the other mixes which are labeled with the speaker(s). The speaker mixes show the two speakers if they are blended, otherwise it's the name of the speaker with 1-5.

Ok cool, that’s what I would have expected. I misunderstood your other post.

May have to give these a try.

D

Back